Job title: Energy Surveyor – Inverness
Working hours: Part Time/ Full time(option)
Location: Inverness/ Highlands
Reporting to: Dan Gates
Salary bracket: £18,000 – £24,000 pro rata depending on experience
Application closing date: tbc
Provisional interview dates: – initial interviews will be online
Introduction to the role
To support our growth, we are recruiting for a Energy Surveyor. This role will support our Energy Efficiency department to deliver technical consultancy for our low carbon building projects. The role will be predominantly a hybrid of desk based (work from home) and attending client locations to measure up, check fabric and existing services and scope potential for renewables depending on the project.
Key features of the role include:
- Undertaking energy modelling, after training, for a wide range of projects, from existing traditional buildings through new build housing projects and commercial/ industrial buildings.
- Prepare information for reports using our templates, based on results to determine thermal comfort, energy performance, carbon assessments etc
- Fill in Word and Excel report on sites including following quality guidelines on formatting etc
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- Qualifications in Construction, STEM or Engineering (HNC, HND, Degree)
- Detail-oriented and an enthusiasm for modelling projects
- A passion for renewables, low energy building design and implementation
- An good level understanding of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel/ Word
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Familiar with Construction buildups, Fabric and Retrofit principles
- A Batchelors Degree in an engineering or STEM discipline
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering experience
- Some experience in the construction / HVAC industry
- Experienced with delivering domestic building energy & heat loss assessments, commercial buildings would be a desirable addition.
- Experience with equipment such as heat pumps and associated equipment. It would be desirable to also have experience in additional technology such as Solar PV and/or Battery storage.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Flexibility to work at your schedule
How To Apply
Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role in the subject header.
All applications will be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.
Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.