Job title: Graduate Energy Engineer
Working hours: Full time (Flexi time)
Location: Glasgow with optional home working 3 days per week
Reporting to: Dan Gates
Salary bracket: £24,000 – £27,000
Application closing date: 9 July 2021
Provisional interview dates: Week commencing 12 July 2021 – initial interviews will be online
Introduction to the role
To support our growth, we are recruiting for a Graduate Energy Engineer. This role will support our Energy Assessor and Building Services Design departments to deliver technical consultancy for our low carbon building projects. The role will be predominantly desk based, but there will be opportunity to attend client and/or site meetings depending on the project if you wish.
Key features of the role include:
- Undertaking energy modelling, after training, for a wide range of projects, from existing traditional buildings through new build housing projects and commercial/ industrial buildings.
- Prepare information for reports, after training, based on results to determine thermal comfort, energy performance, carbon assessments etc to guide and assist the design team in implementing the most appropriate design solutions.
- Draft 2D CAD drawings and/or REVIT MEP designs after training
- Assist senior team in delivering projects
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- Familiar with Building Physics principles including CIBSE guides, Section 6/ Part L Building Regulations requirements and some of their modelling tools (IES_VE, Design Builder, PHPP and/or SAP / SBEM modelling tools)
- Detail-oriented and an enthusiasm for modelling projects
- A passion for low energy building design and implementation
- An expert level understanding of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel/ Word
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- A Batchelors Degree in an engineering or STEM discipline
- Some experience in the construction / HVAC industry
- Experience of using IES-VE, or alternatively EDSL TAS; Design Builder; PHPP; LEED; WELL and/or SAP modelling tools.
- Experience of using REVIT MEP or other BIM tool
- Experience of using CAD- Autodesk
- Experienced with delivering domestic building energy & heat loss assessments, commercial buildings would be a desirable addition.
- Experience with equipment such as heat pumps and associated equipment. It would be desirable to also have experience in additional technology such as Solar PV and or Battery storage.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Flexibility to work from home and the office; the successful candidate must be able to visit the office twice a week
How To Apply
Please email a CV to [email protected] with the job role in the subject header.
All applications will be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.
Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.