Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Working hours: Full Time or Part Time (Flexi time)
Location: Office 2 days and or Home working 2 days per week (4 day week)
Reporting to: Dan Gates
Salary bracket: £tbc
Application closing date: 30 May 2023
Provisional interview dates: – initial interviews will be online
Introduction to the role
To support our growth, we are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This role will support our Building Services Design departments to deliver technical consultancy for our low carbon building projects. The role will be predominantly desk based, but there will be opportunity to attend client and/or site meetings depending on the project if you wish.
Key features of the role include:
- Undertaking mechanical design work, for a wide range of projects, from existing traditional buildings through new build housing projects and commercial/ industrial buildings.
- Sizing loads, prepare schedules, equipment sizing etc from feasibility reports though to completion of projects, and leading the team in implementing the most appropriate design solutions.
- Manage an engineering team in delivering projects
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- A Batchelors Degree in an mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience in Building Physics principles including CIBSE guides, Section 6/ Part L Building Regulations requirements
- Detail-oriented and an enthusiasm for HVAC design
- A passion for low carbon heating systems and implementation
- An expert level understanding of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel/ Word
- Ability to work with subcontractors and trades onsite
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Chartership in an engineering or STEM discipline
- 5+ years experience in the construction / HVAC industry
- Experience of using IES-VE, or alternatively EDSL TAS; Design Builder; PHPP, HEVACOMP and/or SBEM modelling tools.
- Experience of using REVIT MEP or other BIM tool
- CAD- Autodesk
- Experienced with delivering commercial buildings M&E design.
- Experience with heat pumps and associated equipment. It would be desirable to also have experience in additional technology such as Solar PV.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Flexible working (4 day week)
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Flexibility to work from home and the odd site visit
How To Apply
Please email a CV to email@example.com with the job role in the subject header.
All applications may not be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.
Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.